Theme 3: How much climate change is
b. can be avoided by managing the biosphere?
Theme 3 aimed to provide quantitative scientific assessments of the impacts of climate change and analyse possible mitigation and adaptation policies. These assessments span across a range of scales and sectors, including fisheries, water resources, flooding, crops and health, with a mitigation focus on terrestrial biosphere management activities at differing scales.
- QUEST GSI: Global- scale impacts of climate change: an integrated multi-sectoral assessment
- QUATERMASS: Quantifying the potential of terrestrial biomass to mitigate climate change
- JIFor: Joint Implementation initiative for forestry-based climate mitigation
- QUEST Fish: Predicting impacts and consequences of climate change on fisheries
- FireMAFS: Fire Modelling and Forecasting System