QUEST Synthesis Workshop
7th-9th September 2009
Burwalls, Clifton, Bristol
QUEST is a programme with multiple cross-cutting goals and high policy relevance, pursued through Working Groups as well as projects. We need to deliver significant outputs that effectively capture the progress made.
Aims of Workshop
To develop concepts and plan outputs that transcend individual disciplines, and reflect usefully on ways of continuing to work across subject and community boundaries. These will include:
- High Profile Outputs: development of ideas to support innovative publications, especially on “cross-cutting” topics (including, but not confined, to the QUEST book, "Understanding the Earth System Science for Climate Change Application").
- Stakeholder Relevance: exchange and synthesis of views on how best to communicate QUEST science to policy makers.
- Action Planning: development of plan for outputs.
These aims will be supported by joint work and discussion on:
- Programme Successquestions answered and questions raised
- Programme Impactsituating outcomes in the current and future research landscape, and pro-active planning for the future of QUEST-style research
- Research Agendaspinpointing and developing new research agendas
- Interdisciplinary Successways of working at the interfaces between disciplines: what we have learned from the QUEST experience?
Each day will include both short presentations, time for discussion, and ample time for groups to convene and work out plans.